Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unified2 Output

From: Marcin Dulak via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 06:31:59 +0200

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 5:20 AM, Jim Campbell <jim () w4bqp net> wrote:

Al,

Thanks for the reply. I ran a Snort 2.9.9.0 installation for six to eight
months in the IPS mode. In the last month or so it became increasingly
flaky as in stopping alerting for hours at a time while still passing
traffic. I decided to step up to Snort 3 so I am having to learn how it
works.

In retrospect I should have realized what you pointed out. I still have a
lot to learn.

when providing feedback please state the command that worked for you.
People will be reading this thread in the future and will have to go
through all the posts to build a context and make a guess what a solution
was.
Maybe the one below? Otherwise please correct.

export LUA_PATH=/usr/include/snort/lua/?.lua
export SNORT_LUA_PATH=/etc/snort
sudo /usr/sbin/snort -l /var/log/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.lua -A unified2
-v --plugin-path /usr/lib64/snort_extra -R /etc/snort/rules/snort.rules -r
test.pcap

Marcin

Thanks,

Jim