Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and encapsulation

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 08:47:40 -0500

If it winds up in Snort 2.X, it will also be in Snort 3.0, possibly sooner.

On 2/7/17 8:39 AM, Cynthia Leonard (cyleonar) wrote:

Hi Ana,

It’s not in the current plan for Snort 3.0.

I am not aware of any tool for this , I have not really looked for one.

It shouldn’t be too hard to parse the packet , look for VXLAN header based on the VXLAN port and then pass the inner packet to Snort for detection.

Regards

Cynthia