Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort read a incremental file

From: Alberto Colosi <alcol () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:31:01 +0000

possible to evaluate a gateway ......... routing ............ ever tought it

yes a bandwith trouble coud be involved

don't only change default gateway but you need to create a gaeway with two lan interface with different subnets and a
switch where to attach the gateway and servers

if not icmp-redirect and other routing and network signals could redirect traffic to best paths ! unsure if only
gateways use it so best to really create a new network segment.

Unsure on RIP v1 and v2 ....... OSPF IGRP EIGRP and BGP are only for gateways

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/routing-information-protocol-rip/13714-43.html

[http://www.cisco.com/web/fw/i/logo-open-graph.gif]<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/routing-information-protocol-rip/13714-43.html>

When Are ICMP Redirects Sent? -
Cisco<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/routing-information-protocol-rip/13714-43.html>
www.cisco.com
This document discusses ICMP redirects and when redirects happen in a network.