Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort logs to MySQL

From: Abdullah AL-Mutairy <abohabeeb1412 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 20:15:23 +0300

Thanks guys!

But what if i want to use an older version of snort (ex: snort 2.3) that support logging directly to MySQL DB .. just
for testing purposes not for production.
Is there much deferences between 2.9 and 2.3? Or just few bug fixes?

I tried to use barnyard but i couldn't make it work as it needs some compiler, i tried to compile and but couldn't make
it work too! (Bad luck i guess -_-)

Why do you need a third party tool just to copy the logs? Wouldn't be better if there some process or optional service
inside snort that copy or export logs?

I just want to perform some experiments of snort as a signature-based IDS.

Sorry for the too many questions!
I really appreciate your help :)

. . . . .