Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort logs to MySQL

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 18:25:51 +0000

The direct logging from snort probably was done for performance reasons and to keep snort more lean.

Depending on how you set up logging you may need something to help you read them ( i.e u2spewfoo ) The section on
logging is here:

http://manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/node21.html

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
Email: allewi () cisco com<mailto:allewi () cisco com>