Snort mailing list archives

Re: Windows broken on snort.conf

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 06:41:56 -0400

Michael,

Fixing the error message makes it clear that the problem is lzma support.

Did you try to install liblzma? You can get downloads from http://tukaani.org/xz/.

Snort does not bundle optional 3rd party libraries.

Hope that helps.
Russ

On 10/26/16 9:40 PM, Steve Sturges (ststurge) wrote:
In order of ease:
1) Fixing a config file
2) Fixing a parsing error message
3) Adding support for lzma

All can be done, but each takes different time and effort, with the later requiring a good bit more.