Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort as HIDS

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 11:14:59 -0400

On 07/06/2016 05:25 PM, Lamont, Brian A. wrote:
Its “configured” to sniff the local interface with just a community.rules file
defined.    I may have been misled that we are using it as a “HIDs”, but perhaps
it’s not really doing that.   The initial evaluation and decision to implement
was done by another team.

sounds like they were only interested in checking the PCI box ;)