Snort mailing list archives

Re: Newbie question -- Can Snort be installed in a routed mode instead of bridged mode?

From: Victor Roemer <viroemer () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:35:52 -0400

Note that afpacket will create the bridge between interface pairs. If you already have configured bridge interfaces (ala iptables) then you’ll want nfq daq.
Snort is unlike other utilities which use sockets and is configured to read from network device(s) directly.

However, you can “bind” different configurations on different VLANs and networks (see |doc/README.multipleconfigs| for more details).