Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] Question about Snort 2.9.9 and and http2

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 23:28:46 +0000

We accept both!  Just depends on where it may be appropriate at this time…

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group

On Apr 13, 2016, at 7:19 PM, Joshua Kinard <kumba () gentoo org<mailto:kumba () gentoo org>> wrote:

Would you guys still consider new feature patches for the 2.9.x codebase if
they were sent in, or should new feature development apply only to the 3.x code?

I have some old patches that I've tried sending in before that I can look at
sending again in the coming weeks (they need to be synced to latest 2.9.8
code).  But I wasn't sure if the effort would be worth it if 2.9.x isn't open
for new stuff.  My C++ is no where near my C abilities, so I didn't have any
real plans to port to the 3.x code anytime soon.

--J