Snort mailing list archives

sfportscan not detecting my scans

From: Bassman Rod <rodbass63 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:54:31 -0500

Hi, I have Snort working and I see stuff in the logs while I have a simple
rule of detecting ICMP packets. But when I enabled sfportscan in the conf
file and made sure the rule is being fired up upon restart, it is not
detecting my port scans.

Scenario:
Snort is on 192.168.99.100

I fired a 'nmap -rR 192.168.99.100' command from a box on '192.168.1.XXX'
network. I looked in my portscan.logs and it's empty.

snort.conf:
ipvar HOME_NET 192.168.10.0/24
ipvar EXTERNAL_NET any

preprocessor sfportscan: proto  { all } memcap { 10000000 } sense_level {
medium } scan_type { all } logfile { /var/log/snort/portscan.log }

I have preprocessor.rules enabled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.