Snort mailing list archives

SNORT GENERATING SNORT.LOG INSTEAD SNORT.U2 files

From: Marcio Guerreiro <marcio.guerreiro () hotmail co uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:11:44 +0100

Hi all,

I think I need some help. I recently setup snort as NDIS following the
tutorial from "Noah Dietrich"(with special help of Mr Lewis), and later I
re-compiled and changed the snort.conf to work as inline mode (afpacket). So
far so good. It is working ! I can see the traffic going via console and
even  managed to block some packets and I am happy with that !!.

The problem is that the logs used to be generated as snort.u2 files, but now
is being generated as snort.log. I already checked the snort.conf line 520
where the output format is specified and it is correct (it hasn't been
changed)

My barnyard2 used to work and does not work anymore because it supposed to
look for those (snort.u2) files.

Any ideas ?

I would like to thank you in advance

Marcio