Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Runs But Stops Working

From: "Cloherty, Sean E" <scloherty () mitre org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 12:08:28 +0000

Right.  The Stream5 memcap is high because the logs had indicated that sessions were being pruned for lack of memory
and the recommendation was to increase the memcap.  I have not noted any of the Snort instances causing swapping except
one of the 28 instances where there are a whole load of other apps competing for the RAM as well.