Snort mailing list archives

Re: Forbidden

From: Filipe Palma <filipe.jose.scms () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 16:57:34 +0100

Hi,

inexplicably Snort updates start working again.

One more time thanks for the help.

Filipe

 On May 28, 2015, at 8:16 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:

On 05/28/2015 05:05 PM, filipe.palma () scms pt wrote:

Hi,

in my OP I had paste information given by command snort -V that has

yes, you sure did... my apologies... i saw that as one of those large
address
blocks that some folks and companies put on their messages...

  -*> Snort! <*-
  o"  )~   Version 2.9.7.2 GRE (Build 177) FreeBSD

it appears that that version is still supported until 2015 Aug 17...

the next question is if you have pasted your snort oinkcode into the
necessary
file for it to be used when you attempt to pull the rules...

that version is now out of the 30day limit for registered users and paying

subscribers don't have to worry about this... so the rules should be
available... what tool are you using on your pfsense to download the rules?

BTW — You’ve been able to download registered and subscriber rulesets day
and date of release of new versions of Snort since last June.  The only
difference is the content.

 --
*Joel Esler*
Open Source Manager