Snort mailing list archives

Re: Bugs in Packet I/O Totals section

From: elof2 () sentor se
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 16:52:09 +0200 (CEST)

This is just an update to inform you that snort version 2.9.7.2 (Build
177) still has this problem.

snort[50090]: *** Caught Term-Signal
snort[50090]:
snort[50090]: Run time for packet processing was 55872.623158 seconds
snort[50090]: Snort processed 4904147604 packets.
snort[50090]: Snort ran for 0 days 15 hours 31 minutes 12 seconds
snort[50090]:     Pkts/hr:    326943173
snort[50090]:    Pkts/min:      5267612
snort[50090]:    Pkts/sec:        87774
snort[50090]:
snort[50090]: Packet I/O Totals:
snort[50090]:    Received:    629464645
snort[50090]:    Analyzed:   4904147604 (779.098%)
snort[50090]:     Dropped:     24335630 (  3.722%)
snort[50090]:    Filtered:            0 (  0.000%)
snort[50090]: Outstanding:            0 (  0.000%)

Error #1:
The amount of Outstanding packets shouldn't be 0 (there should be lots of
them on my choked test-machine).

Error #2:
Received is too low.

Error #3:
Percentages are wrong, but this is due to error #2.

/Elof