Snort mailing list archives

Re: $eth1_ADDRESS still a valid variable in 2.9.7.0?

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:20:30 +0000

Unfortunately that disables everything that we test against with the ruleset.  I suggest you not do that.

On Feb 17, 2015, at 12:03 PM, Starner, Mark <mark.starner () unisys com<mailto:mark.starner () unisys com>> wrote:

I retract my question. I configured “—enable-sourcefire” for the first time and found the comment in parser.c that said
the $IF_ADDRESS variables are not defined if Sourcefire is enabled and snort is not running as root. So I recompiled
without “—enable-sourcefire” and all is well.

Maybe this will help anyone else who comes across this.

Mark