Snort mailing list archives

Re: Modifying Rules Works One Direction, but Not T'Other

From: Doug Burks <doug.burks () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 15:13:20 -0500

What specific anomalies are you referring to?  I see some
classification.config warnings and a Barnyard error (which is normal
since Barnyard is only updating a database table and not processing
any actual unified2 data).  I'm not seeing any critical problems
there.

I'm pretty sure we've gone beyond the scope of this Snort mailing list
and should move this conversation to the Security Onion mailing list.
As I mentioned previously, you don't have to have a Google account:

You should also be able to use our Google Group as a standard mailing
list just like this Snort mailing list.  Send email to
security-onion () googlegroups com from your existing non-Google email
account you're using here.  You'll receive replies at the same
non-Google email account.  At that point, it's really no different
than using this Snort mailing list.

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM, colony.three