Snort mailing list archives

Re: where to find the README.* document files?

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 02:44:50 -0400

On 10/25/2014 3:48 PM, James wrote:
On Oct 25, 2014, at 13:25, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:
where can we file the README.* files like README.stream5? i used to have and
update them form some archive that was downloaded regularly but seems to have
lost that with the changes made in the last while...

on the same note, are there versions of these files specific to the snort
version being used? kinda like the rules are done?

src/doc has been where I’ve been looking.

thanks... unfortunately, source is not available... we only have binaries
available and pull the rules from VRT and another couple of 3rd party vendors...
i thought they used to be in the rules but i can't find them in the tarchives
any more :/