Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unexpected results with reputation preprocessor - solved

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 12:41:57 -0600

On 2014-05-13 12:34, Dave Corsello wrote:
If needed, I'd be willing to help.  That is as long as the perks are
nice enough.  James?

 On 5/13/2014 12:50 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:

On May 13, 2014, at 9:57 AM, Dave Corsello
<snort-users () wintertreemedia com [1]> wrote:

I second James' request for "official" documentation of how to
configure Snort IPS.  Some of us open source users are using
Snort inline, basing our configuration on documentation that we've
pieced together from various sources.  We might be getting it
mostly right, but as I've demonstrated, we might be getting some
details wrong, possibly leaving ourselves more vulnerable than we
think we are.  So, if possible, it would be great to see things
laid out clearly in one document, so that there's no guesswork
involved.

This is definitely something we want up there.  I just don’t have
the time to do it right now with the 100 other things I’ve been
cranking on.

If anyone would be willing to dedicate the time to do it, I’ll
send you some nice swag gifts.  (Ask James Lay how nice it is ;)

--
JOEL ESLER
Open Source Manager

LoL....count me in on the help as well, and yes...the perks are awesome
:)

James