Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unexpected results with reputation preprocessor - solved

From: Dave Corsello <snort-users () wintertreemedia com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:57:04 -0400

Sorry, I misspelled Hui's name below. The correct spelling is, of course, Hui Cao.

I second James' request for "official" documentation of how to configure Snort IPS. Some of us open source users are using Snort inline, basing our configuration on documentation that we've pieced together from various sources. We might be getting it mostly right, but as I've demonstrated, we might be getting some details wrong, possibly leaving ourselves more vulnerable than we think we are. So, if possible, it would be great to see things laid out clearly in one document, so that there's no guesswork involved.