Snort mailing list archives

Re: Inquiry about snort output

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 15:49:52 -0400

On 4/27/2014 11:58 AM, basant subba wrote:
I was going through the alerts generated by the snort and noticed that most of
the alerts have an associated reference number from CVE, Bugtraq and Nessus.
There are some alerts that have reference like http://www.whitehats.com. But
when I open this link in browser there's nothing there. For alerts having CVE,
Bugtraq and Nessus Ref. No. I can check the details over internet but I can't do
the same for whitehats alert. Can any1 please explain me why?

whitehats shutdown years ago... those rules have simply never had their
references updated...

someone (VRT/Cisco) really should, IMHO, fix the entry in the references.conf
file to point to a valid site for those references *OR* simply remove whitehats
and those references from the rules...