Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error in updating rules using Pulled pork

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 19:31:48 -0400

On 4/26/2014 12:50 AM, basant subba wrote:
wget is being called in pulledpork.conf file.

rule_url=wget
https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/|snortrules-snapshot-2946.tar.gz|*oinkcode
<https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/%7Csnortrules-snapshot-2946.tar.gz%7C*oinkcode>

  I am not sure if I have installed the required perl modules but I installed
all the prerequisite files for installing snort and pulledpork. Can you please
list the perl modules that needs to be installed.

*i* cannot but i recall that 'we' (the team i work with) had to generate and
release a wget that was capable of https connections... previous to that, our
stripped security mode wget could not do https at all... is it possible that you
are in the same or similar boat?