Snort mailing list archives

Re: I have written a Linux shell script to enable all Snort rules which were commented out

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 22:58:18 +0000

For you to get real help you'll need to post error messages and take the
time to look at whats online.  Pulled-pork has very good documentation, a
mailing list and it's easy to use.  So while you can use your script,
running ALL snort rules at once is a bad idea and will probably cause
something to break (probably since I haven't tried it before).

You know enough to script, which means you should be able to do tests, look
at error messages and provide some information that could help us respond
to a question in an effective manner.