Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort is not able to forward report to Base.

From: William Rehnquyst <rehnquyst () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:59:36 -0500

No problem waldo kitty. I've received help here before, and having had some
experience with his set up, I thought I'd help where I can :)

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>wrote:

On 1/16/2014 9:32 AM, William Rehnquyst wrote:
Stephen,

It's likely that your installation doesn't work because you've skipped
that
step. It looks like the activators files should be in the temp folder or
whichever folder you extracted all the winids archive files to. Please
look
again to see if it's in the folder you extracted the Winids archive to,
or in
the archive itself, and then re-do the installation.

Not meaning to sound like you shouldn't ask here (that's not up to me),
you may
also be able to seek help on Winids's forum, where Morpheus, who seems
to be the
one managing the Winids package, mans the forums.

thank you for stepping in on this, william... and especially for your last
paragraph above... not everything related to one package included in other
packages is able to be supported on the first package's site ;)

--

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!