Snort mailing list archives

How to activate all rules using PulledPork?

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:14:30 -0500

I've been trying to get PulledPork to enable all rules, and so far all help
has stalled in the PulledPork Google Groups.

I'm told by JJ that it is possible, and he has instructed me to add add
<PCRE wildcard "."> (everything between the <>) to the enablesid.conf, and
all the alerts would be activated.

I'm having no problems processing rules any one of the three IP_Policy
settings

Hopefully someone has a solution to this?

Here is my pulledpork.conf:

# Config file for pulledpork

rule_url=https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/|snortrules-snapshot.tar.gz|<REDACT

rule_url=https://s3.amazonaws.com/snort-org/www/rules/community/|community-r
ules.tar.gz|Community

rule_url=http://labs.snort.org/feeds/ip-filter.blf|IPBLACKLIST|open

rule_url=https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/|opensource.gz|<REDACTED>

temp_path=d:\winids\pulledpork\temp

rule_path=d:\winids\snort\rules\winids.rules

local_rules=d:\winids\snort\rules\local.rules

sid_msg=d:\winids\snort\etc\sid-msg.map

sid_msg_version=1

sid_changelog=d:\winids\snort\log\sid_changes.log

sorule_path=/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/

snort_path=/usr/local/bin/snort

config_path=/usr/local/etc/snort/snort.conf

distro=FreeBSD-8.1

docs=d:\winids\Apache24\htdocs\base\signatures\

snort_version=2.9.5.6

enablesid=d:\winids\pulledpork\etc\enablesid.conf

dropsid=d:\winids\pulledpork\etc\dropsid.conf

disablesid=d:\winids\pulledpork\etc\disablesid.conf

modifysid=d:\winids\pulledpork\etc\modifysid.conf

ips_policy=security

version=0.7.0

Here is my enablesid.conf:

# example enablesid.conf v3.1

PCRE wildcard "."

Here is my run line:

pulledpork.pl -c d:\winids\pulledpork\etc\pulledpork.conf -vT

TIA...

Michael...