Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort

From: Emiliano Fausto <emiliano.fausto () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 15:09:25 -0200

Hi Chipsy,

I think that the correct mailing list would be [snort-users].

Anyway, you may try the option -T from the command line so that SNORT tests
itself.

Another way to properly test it, is to create a rule you can trigger with a
certain pcap, and open that pcap with the option -r <file> (
http://manual.snort.org/node8.html)

Regards!
Emiliano.

 Hello,

I am new to snort installation for security(monitoring network traffic).

I already have snort rules installed on my machine and I have installed
snort 2.9.5.6 and winpcap 4.1.2 on windows 7

I need to configure my snort.config file and need to modify rules folder
under snort installation according to exising rules.

snort rules are under mysql databse.

I am using snort with Mysql database(to log alert data),I need to know How
do I test snort installation.

Apache Running as webserver on my machine, and php as interface between
Mysql and web server database.

Please,Let me know how do I proceed.

Thanks.

Archive: