Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort

From: Chipsy Patel <Chipsy.Patel () valador com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 23:37:46 +0000

Hello,

I am new to snort installation for security(monitoring network traffic).
I already have snort rules installed on my machine and I have installed snort 2.9.5.6 and winpcap 4.1.2 on windows 7
I need to configure my snort.config file and need to modify rules folder under snort installation according to exising
rules.
snort rules are under mysql databse.

I am using snort with Mysql database(to log alert data),I need to know How do I test snort installation.
Apache Running as webserver on my machine, and php as interface between Mysql and web server database.
Please,Let me know how do I proceed.
Thanks.