Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is it possible to setup inline mode with 1 NIC ?

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:19:45 -0500

On 1/22/2014 6:31 PM, Gee Zany wrote:
Oh I see, thanks for the tip.

I'll try to setup virtual NICs on my linux machine and see where I'll end up.

RED FLAG: if the traffic goes in and out on one physical NIC, it is still
possible for traffic to go by and not be processed...

"we've" seen this many times in the past when one machine uses two NICs
connected to the same switch/hub/router...