Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rules with options like http_uri of flow

From: Onno van der Leun <onno () b00z nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:16:29 +0100

Hi Joel,

You're right. Hadn't noticed those pages yet but found them also just
yet. But thanks for the headsup.

Regards,
Onno.

PS:
@rmkml @Nick
The problem with the rules with option flow are solved. Because of some
unforeseen reasons the switch was mirroring untagged packets exiting the
uplink port with a tag. eg. switchport was configured as untagged
VLAN_X, so I expected the packets would be mirrored just plain to the
mirror port. But the switch added the tag X to the packets during
mirror. That is why snort never could match the flows. So I just put
another brand switch in between and created the mirror on that switch.
Now it works as expected. (at least: as expected by me ;o) )

Thanks for all the insights guys!