Snort mailing list archives

Re: IPS does not detect MS12-020 vulnerability via backtrack module

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:18:45 +0000

Lukas,

We have this bug assigned out now and are looking into it.

On Nov 26, 2013, at 5:58 AM, Lukas Matt <lukas.matt () sophos com<mailto:lukas.matt () sophos com>> wrote:

Hey guys,

one of our customer complained about SID 21619 (not readable to me).

If he runs the attack with..
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/scripts/rdp-vuln-ms12-020.nse
.. the attack will be blocked, but if he uses Backtrack:
auxiliary/dos/windows/rdp/ms12_020_maxchannelids
... he can pass the rule.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Matt
Deep Packet Inspection Researcher, RnD

tel: +49-721-25516-322, cell: +49-174-3440-555

Sophos Technology GmbH
Amalienbadstr. 41/Bau 52, 76227 Karlsruhe, Germany

SOPHOS Security made simple

---
Sophos Technology GmbH, Commercial Register: Mannheim HRB 712658
Headquarter Location: Amalienbadstr. 41/Bau 52 | 76227 Karlsruhe | Germany
Executive Board: Nicholas Bray, Pino von Kienlin, Richard Walford, Joachim Frost, Günter Junk