Snort mailing list archives

Re: About README.UNSOCK

From: WangChuang <chuck.wang () live cn>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:23:03 +0800

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Actually I'd like to parse out the 5-tuple(src ip, src port,dest ip, dest port) plus alert
message from the Unix socket. I noticed that the Alertpkt struct has been redefined in Snort 2.9.5.5, because the new
version of snort will use daq, so there is struct pcap_pkthdr32 pkth in it. What's more, the uint8_t pkt is [65535]
size now, whereas it is [1518] in the earlier version. Will those cause the troubles to do with the unix-sock parse
out?
And I enclose the url of my program parser.c here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ry03pvjujlSXFNbFh3NTJicFU/edit?usp=sharingYou need to run snort �CA unsock first and
then compile and run the parser. However my program still cannot parse out the 5-tuple. I don't know why. It will be
very kind if you guys can take a look. Thanks a lot.

Wang Chuang
Email:Chuck.Wang () live cn
Phone:+886-988492270
Address:R705, General Building II, National Tsing Hua University,
No. 101, Section 2, Kuang-Fu Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30013, R.O.C.