Snort mailing list archives

Re: disabling specific snort rules

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 17:10:11 -0400

On Oct 27, 2013, at 11:05 AM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net> wrote:

Roland,

Yea I haven’t seen anything out there that’s current.  In the Snort source there’s a directory called docs…read every
README.* that’s in there.  There should be a snort_manual.pdf in there as well, but I didn’t see one there (Joel?). I
do see the latex doc though and this link http://manual.snort.org/ will get you there.  Take the time to really
understand the areas that impact you (for example, do you have SMTP open?  Make sure to understand the README.SMTP
thoroughly).  I usually find something I didn’t know before, or answers to questions I haven’t even asked yet ;)
Hope that helps.

www.snort.org/docs has the pdf and a link to the html manual.  Best ebook there is!

--
Joel Esler