Snort mailing list archives

disabling specific snort rules

From: Roland RoLaNd <r_o_l_a_n_d () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:18:57 +0200

All,
I configured pulledpork to retrieve rules and it's working as expected.Can someone please guide me on a best practice
to edit such rules to enable/disable certain types?previously, rules were divided by type under rules/* but now they
all exist in one file which is snort.rules
Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Best,
Roland