Snort mailing list archives

Re: [snort-users] About attribute replacement

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 16:23:26 -0400

On 10/19/2013 9:51 AM, Mayur Patil wrote:
Hello Sir,

         The main problem is that I have to use *count* and *seconds* in DoS
rules which I am unable to find in case of so rules.

         Please give any hints how to use these options in case of shared
objects that will be a great help to me.

SO rules are code so use your own counters and seconds for them inside your
code... you do not need the existing options since the SO rule will do the
counting instead of snort... you just have to have your own variables and do the
counts yourself...

that's my understanding but perhaps someone from snort can confirm this as it
pertains to snort SO rules...