Snort mailing list archives

Re: [snort-users] About attribute replacement

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 08:05:26 -0700

Okay, let me start with the most basic of questions.  Why would you
want to convert Plain text rules to SO rules?

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail com> wrote:
Hi All,

 I am using rule parsing engine to convert text rules into so rules.

 For DOS attack detection mechanism, there are having three attributes:

detection_filter
rate_filter
event_filter

These options are successful in text rules. but when I am parsing these
rules

from rules generator, it gives message "NO VALID RULES TO CONVERT".

Is there any alternative to above options so I can use them in shared object

rules??

Seeking for guidance,

Thanks !

--