Snort mailing list archives

Re: Setting up IPS with Snort

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 20:42:57 +0000

I would refer to these two links. It will give you a good start putting things together.
http://vrt-blog.snort.org/2010/08/snort-29-essentials-daq.html
http://manual.snort.org/node11.html#SECTION00295000000000000000
I can't help you with Suricata as I haven't been involved into it. You can search the internet for opinions and
comparisons, but it all comes down to really suites your needs, and which one you are more comfortable working with,
and maintaining. There are many perspectives you can view this.
ThanksYM