Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ubuntu Upstart Scripts for Multiple Snort Processes

From: Jason Ish <lists () unx ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 17:10:28 -0600

I don't know upstart myself, but instead use Fedora/CentOS..  I use
supervisord (http://supervisord.org/) to accomplish this.  Personally
I like the little bit of separation it provides from the OS boot
scripts.  Might be worth checkout out.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Dominick Bakhtiar <dominickfb () gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I need to start snort automatically for multiple interfaces and each process
will use a distinct configuration file.

It looks like the existing script in (Ubuntu's) /etc/init.d/snort will
support multiple interfaces but the same configuration file will be used. I
have different configuration files.

When I start snort manually it looks like this...

sudo /usr/sbin/snort -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort_eth7.conf -i eth7
sudo /usr/sbin/snort -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort_eth5.conf -i eth5

How best to achieve this?

Thanks much!

Dom

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort