Snort mailing list archives

Re: Download old VRT rules

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 01:28:18 -0400

On 8/18/2013 21:50, JeeHyun Hwang wrote:
Hello, all,

I would like to download old VRT rules (all available old VRT rules...). Could
you please let me know how to access and how to download each VRT ruleset. Is
there any archive for me to access? I am highly interested in getting these old
ruleset. Any help is appreciated..

quite simply, they are not available unless someone has them in a private
archive... once a version of snort has hit EOL (End of Life) status, it is no
longer supported... one of those lost support items is the rules for it are no
longer available...

question: why would you want all the old snort rules? ones that no longer exist
have been removed for various reasons (threat no longer exists, slow
performance, did not detect a vulnerability, too many FPs [false positives], too
many FNs [false negatives], etc)... the others still exist and are valid today...