Snort mailing list archives

Download old VRT rules

From: JeeHyun Hwang <hwang250 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:50:07 -0400

Hello, all,

I would like to download old VRT rules (all available old VRT rules...).
Could you please let me know how to access and how to download each VRT
ruleset. Is there any archive for me to access? I am highly interested in
getting these old ruleset. Any help is appreciated..

For example, I tried to download VRT ruleset in 2013-06-20 by looking at
the site.
http://www.snort.org/vrt/advisories/4
Then, I clicked "download rules" from the page, but,  "The page you are
looking for isn’t here".

To find another way, I also tried to download VRT rules for old version
e.g., 2860.
http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz/<oinkcode
here>

But it gives an error as follows:
Snort.org Rule Pack Download Error:
      No rule pack with this filename is available to you.

Thank you in advance,
JeeHyun