Snort mailing list archives

Re: Clarification on so_rules

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:32:05 -0600

On 2013-08-09 10:21, Y M wrote:
Hi James,

 I will take a shot explaining what I understand, if I get it wrong,
someone please correct me.

 PulledPork should copy the .so rules from the distro/precompiled
directory based on the distro variable you setup in your
pulledpork.conf. If you use -T in your pulledpork command, it will
process only text based rules.

Thanks YM...here's what I have in pp.conf:

sorule_path=/opt/lib/snort_dynamicrules/
snort_path=/opt/bin/snort
config_path=/opt/etc/snort/intsnort.conf
sostub_path=/opt/etc/snort/rules/so_rules/so_rules.rules
distro=Ubuntu-12-04

As Joel said, it looks like this is doing what it's supposed to
do...the actual .so rules don't seem to be present however...I'm
assuming they are supposed to be in /opt/lib/snort_dynamicrules/ yes?

James