Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is it possible to change the output format for the alert_syslog module?

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 10:22:01 -0700

Snort is open source, it sure is possible to change it.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPad

On Aug 2, 2013, at 1:06 AM, Niels van Eijck <n.van.eijck () ncim nl> wrote:

Thank you Waldo for your reply, but that is notI  exactly what I'm looking for, I do not want alert logging in two
different places.
I want to log the alert with Syslog, with the message as CSV format.
For example, my Syslog log looks now something like this:

<169>1 2013-08-02T12:34:56.000000Z host snort  - -  [1:111111:1] Test Alert {UDP} x.x.x.x:111 -> y.y.y.y:222

But what I want is this:

<169>1 2013-08-02T12:34:56.000000Z host snort  - -  1,111111,1,"Test Alert",UDP,x.x.x.x,111,y.y.y.y,222