Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 error

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:25:17 -0400

I also get those questions, and I always give the same response.

If the 'WARNINGS:' messages are boiler plate for a particular set of event/s
within Barnyard2, maybe expanding in the 'WARNING:' to include a reasonable
explanation of why the 'WARNING:' occurred.

WARNING: Ignoring corrupt/truncated waldofile
'/var/log/snort/barnyard2.waldo'
INFO: Creating a new Waldo file. It appears there is no waldo file, or it
possibly has been truncated zero bytes..

Best regards,
Michael...