Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort switches to packet Dump Mode

From: Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 00:23:00 +0530

Hi Waldo,

       When I check for /etc/init.d/snort file following output I got

       [root@clc init.d]# snort status
       Running in packet dump mode

                    --== Initializing Snort ==--
        Initializing Output Plugins!
        *Snort BPF option: status*
 ###This option I seen new
        pcap DAQ configured to passive.
        Acquiring network traffic from "eth0".
        *ERROR: Can't set DAQ BPF filter to 'status' (pcap_daq_set_filter:
pcap_compile: syntax error)!*
        ### of which thing this error I can't get
        Fatal Error, Quitting..

        Any idea where bug is lurking ??

        Thanks !!
--