Snort mailing list archives

Re: Preprocessing rule blocking

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:01:44 -0400

On 5/24/2013 09:00, SnortFan wrote:
I decided to try to suppress using:

Suppress gen_id 137, sig_id 1

that looks correct... i don't think case matters but all of my threshold.conf
entries are lowercase...

But suppression doesn't seem to work, after restarting snort the alerts still get through.

gotta ask... you are looking at new entries after making the threshold.conf
change and restarting your snort, correct?

If I try at the snort.conf by commenting out the preprocessor wouldn't I be suppressing all SSL alerts?

yes, that's why i pointed you to the preprocessor.rules stub file in
/path/to/your/preproc_rules directory ;)

Thanks,

Sent from a mobile device.