Snort mailing list archives

Re: Home_Net, External_Net issue

From: Josh Bitto <jbitto () onlineschool ca>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 15:21:11 -0700

where did your snort.conf file come from? is it one that was included within the mod you applied to your pfsense
installation??

Yes it was included in the mod or package as the guys at pfsense call it.

I found a solution to my problem....Within pfsense I have to create an alias that list all of my local subnets...then
create a whitelist within snort and use that alias name. Then use that whitelist for each interface. Sounds like a lot
but it's not. Apparently there is supposed to be a fix with a new version release of this package.