Snort mailing list archives

Re: Home_Net, External_Net issue

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:15:30 -0400

On 5/21/2013 16:12, Josh Bitto wrote:
Just udp….I think I have some insight…..When looking at the config Line 44 shows…

# Setup the network addresses you are protecting

ipvar HOME_NET [YOU_NEED_TO_SET_HOME_NET_IN_snort.conf]

We use pfsense so it modifies the config accordingly. I’m trying to find a way
to change that line to ipvar HOME_NET Any

And not have it break anything within pfsense.

if this is like another firewall product that i'm familiar with, it may be that
that line is supposed to be replaced with an include line which contains the
name of another file that the firewall maintains with your WAN IP and possibly
even your DNS servers...

where did your snort.conf file come from? is it one that was included within the
mod you applied to your pfsense installation??