Snort mailing list archives

Re: Errors installing SNORT 2.9 to SuSE Linux 12.2 - rpm or tar.gz

From: "Kurt Jensen CISSP" <kjensencissp () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:49:16 -0400

Finally just getting back to – and seeing the “writing on the wall” that something was way out of norm with the first
attempt at install, I went to a different instance of SuSE 12.2 w/KDE and started fresh with latest Snort release
2.9.4.5.

I took note of what you both said here, working with the docs again too.  So far so good.  I was able to get all the
necessary package requirements to load OK (used the rpm though for DAQ – the tarball one did not seem to complete right
– rpm did.

Following that I made sure to use all the typical paths and folders, set permissions up on the new src folder created
and ran:

./configure –enable-sourcefire  - that worked

Then I ran:  make && make install (to see if that passed the make first) – it did and it worked

Now I have to add rules and start the rest of the process tomorrow…

“Lars”