Snort mailing list archives

snort reload not working in Snort 2.9.4.5

From: Guido Hungerbuehler <guh () open ch>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 14:42:27 +0200

Hi everybody

I just made a test with Snort 2.9.4.5 where I realized that Snort can not be reloaded anymore with:

kill -SIGHUP <pid>

The error message in the log is:

<1d>Apr 4 14:38:05 xyz snort[9213]: Reload via Signal Reload does not work if you aren't root or are chroot'ed.
<1d>Apr  4 14:38:07 xyz snort[9213]: Snort exiting

I am wondering why it does not work anymore since this works totally fine with Snort 2.9.4.0.

Thanks for any feedback

guido