Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort not catching any packets

From: Robert W <rwawrig () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 07:46:43 -0700 (PDT)

I've found the issue, if anyone is wondering why snort is not capturing anything even when are no errors and all looks
ok.
The rules which I've downloaded from snort.org have most of the alerts commented within the rule files. After I've
enabled all the alerts from scan.rules, my scans started to get logged by snort.

cheers
Robert