Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Start up error

From: Said Nurhussein <saidnur34 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 03:13:29 +0000

include /etc/snort/classification.config

Btw, I'm doing this on Fedora 16 but used the instructions to install on this website
http://www.pacificsimplicity.ca/node/95

Said Nurhussein

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 22:38:26 -0400
From: wkitty42 () windstream net
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort Start up error

On 4/18/2013 20:27, Said Nurhussein wrote:
my command
# snort -T -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

that would seem to explicitly use the snort.conf you are expecting it to use...
what does the include line for classification.config look like in that conf?

sorry for not responding to the mailing list

no problem... thank you for understanding... i used to simply not respond or if
i did, i'd say to post on the list... i've now gotten my sigs figured out so i
shouldn't need to do that any more... now i'll just respond to the list with the
followup set to the list as well :)

Said Nurhussein