Snort mailing list archives

Assistance with Blacklist

From: "Hannibal S. Jackson" <hannibaljackson () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 07:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

Was asked to enable the reputation preprocessor and configure a black_list.rules file.I'm running it on Windows 7 in a
virtual environment. This is how I start snort.

snort -i 1 -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -A console

This is the error I get: <snort-users () lists sourceforge net.>;

I'm getting ERROR: c:\snort\rules\black_list.rules (4) Invalid configuration
line: 31.13.69.160

The only thing I have in my black_list.rules file is this:

# This is my black_list.rules file for www.facebook.com
31.13.69.160/0

It doesn't matter which / I use (CIDR), I get the same
error, I tried a /8 a /16, nothing mattered.
The goal is to get it to trigger an alert when someone tries to access that site. We already did this with our basic
rules, now we are trying to do it with the preprocessor. Not sure why it's complaining about my configuration of the
black_list.rules file. There isn't very many lines, other than the comment and one of the IP's I've found for Facebook
as a test when pinging the domain.

Any ideas?